With having Labor Day off from I took the opportunity to brew a Maple Brown Ale I derived from my new Beer Smith software. There are 8 gallons total and 3 of those have an added kick of additional grade B Maple Syrup, vanilla beans, and some Jim Beam Black. Both of these will remain in the primary fermenters for 3 weeks before going into bottles. It’s a little test to see if I can achieve clarity without placing into a secondary carboy. We’ll see. The estimated gravity for this brew is about 7.5%, but that doesn’t include the bourbon I added to the side project. I had an assistant yesterday for the brewing; Jaclyn helped transfer after the mash out was completed and during the chilling process. Always appreciative.